Centacare NENW supports migrants and refugees in their settlement process in New England and the North West.
We understand that migrants and refugees may experience challenges in adjusting to their new environment. Difficulties include language and cultural misunderstanding, loss of family and community support, professional qualifications not being recognized and adjusting to life in small cities and rural communities.
Our Multicultural Officer is available to provide guidance, education, information, support and referrals to a range of services that can help you during your settlement process.
We encourage everyone in the community to be join in with our activities and seasonal events through the year.
We can support and assist you throughout your settlement process in a number of ways, including:
- Access to services in the region
- Integration with the Community through our programmes and community events
- Supporting Mental health and wellbeing
- Adaptation to living in a rural area
- Encouraging community connection
- Mediation and counselling services
- Individual support
We offer a range of programmes and seasonal events during the year.